Catch up time! MEMPHIS!
Memphis was our second last stop of the road trip. We got to spend the night with Tiffany and her family (the sister of my former "babysitter mami" Abby) :) It was super cozy! And it was so good to sleep in and not having to think about check out times of the hotel!
We pretty much did everything we had to according to this famous song!
Beale Street during the day! Hilarious at night! Pure culture. People dressed up in a "very tight" way (and I don't mean conservative)!!! :)
Stop one in Memphis: Elmwood Cemetery. We expected a lot of interesting stories. Unfortunately BOB (that's really his name) found us and gave us his VERY FIRST tour. Let's put it that way, the map and touristy book could tell us more than him. Funny insight: When entering the cemetery we followed a group of cars, wondering why they were so slow (also thinking that the cemetery is very famous due to the heavy traffic). Little did we know that we were following a funeral convoy!
New Tour guide Taty :)
Memphis! Blue sky & music in the air!
NOT TO MISS when being in Memphis! The famous ducks at the Peabody Hotel!
The tradition started with a lot of Jack Daniels!
There they are!
Summary of day 7 and 8:
- 44 Hours in the car!
- Real fun at the Mojo Tour from Backbeat tours! Driving around town with a musician and truly great stories about B.B. King, Elvis and any other detail you could think of
- Peabody ducks "making love" in the fountain :)
- Dry rub/blackened Ribs at the world's famous restaurant Charlie Rendezvous (delicious and cozy atmosphere.)
- People watching on Beale Street
- Gospel Church where we met Reverend Al Green (without recognizing it)