Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow Me on Pinterest

8/30/2013

Mad about Matcha!



It is over! My eternal love for coffee faded! How did that happen? After enjoying a lot of diverse coffee blends in the US (and absolutely loving it!) I hopped off the airplane here in Germany and didn't have the desire to drink coffee! Strange or a blessing? I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to get rid of my 2 cups of cappuccino or latte a day and to try to live a coffee free life! Matcha is my new choice of beverage after our tea salesman downstairs got me hooked with the "Matcha 2 Go" (recipe below)


On my search for the ultimate battle coffee vs. matcha tea I found the picture above and couldn't stop laughing, because it reminded me of myself during the process of writing the Bachelor thesis. It wasn't necessarily the fact that I NEEDED coffee, but it was a cozy habit that (I thought) was better than binge eating Haribo Gummibears :) 


Alright, here we go! Why is Matcha so amazing?
  • It tastes delicious!!! (I know use rice, soy or almond milk for the perfect blend. Half a spoon of the intensive green powder and *brum brum* in the blender :) )
  • Found in numerous health foods
  • Metabolism-enhancing, stress-reducing, immune-boosting, cholesterol-lowering, teenage-mutant-ninja cancer fighter!
  • Improves ability to concentrate
  • I really liked what was described here 
Is coffee bad? (I tried to make this overview somehow representative of the "real image" :) )
  • Recent studies have generally found no connection between coffee and an increased risk of cancer or heart disease (*HAH* coffee drinkers probably like this one - I do too!) 
  • Coffee is a drug (lots of people say they NEED it, although it is scientifically proven that coffee can't make up for a night of bad sleep. It rather does the opposite and decreases your ability to focus. Only people that DO NOT drink coffee regularly get that "kick" that everybody is looking for)
  • It stimulates the release of stress hormones, including adrenalin and cortisol... 
  • etc. etc
Conclusion: I don't mind not liking coffee at the moment, however I sometimes like to have a "coffee date" with a friend and the smell, warm feeling and the excitement about the experience are definitely something I do not want to miss so soon. If restaurants would have a matcha alternative it would be most certainly easier to switch. Unfortunately this isn't often the case and somehow I just can't bring myself to paying 3€ for a cup of tea rather than 2€ for a nicely prepared Cappuccino. Weird or? At least at home I won't have coffee anymore for now. I am enjoying my new Matcha powder and the endless opportunities to enjoy it! Crossing my fingers that I will look amazing in the future *LOL*

No comments:

Post a Comment