Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow Me on Pinterest

7/16/2013

Antifragile

When it comes to books I prefer reading "serious stuff" like business related books or literature that describes great personalities (I absolutely loved the Exclusive Biography of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson). Although I did read (and enjoy) Fifty Shades of Grey (I know, I know, so predictable and mainstream** But for once I had to go with the flow as I didn't read Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. So don't judge me :) ) I somehow can't get into romantic literature. 

Last week I started reading Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb and I absolutely love it! It describes how people are supposed to be challenged, pushed or even stressed out in order to grow. Best example he gives is the fact that muscles become weaker when they aren't trained and that same applies for the mind if we get stuck in our routine or habit. 

Reading this made me realize that I have to focus on trying even more new things as a new sport, new hobby, developing a new skill or pushing myself further to achieve better results (gosh* Does this mean I have to start training for the full marathon so I can beat my accomplishment of the half marathon? *puh* I don't know. Maybe it is about that time to test my tennis skills in a couple of matches!). 

Any ideas how to gain from disorder? (Automatic rejection of starting to have a messy apartment: not a big fan :) )

So, tonight I will try that and eat some sushi at a completely unknown place *uhh ahh* :) 
Can't wait. 

 Taty




No comments:

Post a Comment