Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow Me on Pinterest

7/12/2013

Great Smoky Mountains, great times with friends and lots of rain

Take me back in time... 
Rosé Sangria at home. Recipe on Cupcakes & Cashmere.

The final destination of the road trip was the lovely cabin of Mike & Evelyn in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Tennessee). Besides being forced to slow down a little bit and re-live the trip over and over again (it was raining all week long so I always feel more relaxed when I don't HAVE to make use of the good weather! You know what I mean?), we got to enjoy some a few gorgeous hikes. However, it simply felt so good to unwind, enjoy a nice glass of Sangria (or maybe 2 :) ) with friends and hop in the hot tub  in the rain after being strained to sample 12 shots of the infamous Ole Smoky Moonshine. (I never had so many shots in a row before! Luckily they were only sample size). 

Y'all should check it out!

Although this bug looked really cool, the fireflies at night were probably the most fascinating creatures I've seen so far! 

We did it! Ice cold water pouring down on us. When I look at this picture I can still smell the scent of stone. Fun!

Fashion Faux Pas at the Tuckaleechee Caverns. (I wore the funniest hiking shoes with this dress :) ) Definitely a nice place to go if the weather isn't allowing you to go tubing! Amazing Grotto!

Nature at the cabin. Loved it! 

Last thing on my to do list: Fried Green Tomatoes! I actually liked them. It still doesn't convince me enough that I would try fried Snickers though :) (no joke! You can get fried EVERYTHING everywhere in Gatlinburg) 

Feeling summery. Love this outfit. Seen on Atlantic Pacific
I should buy some sunflowers today!

Have a nice weekend everyone!
xx Taty




2 comments:

  1. the waterfall looks amazing! & fried, green tomatoes- it could be the late night munchies, but that sounds delicious!!
    Also, loving your summer ensemble, so pretty...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect it, but there are SO many waterfalls in the great smoky mountains. We were lucky to be wearing our bikini's :)
      Thank you for reading ;)

      Delete